Partners and family
During the stay in the Netherlands, it might be desirable to take family members to the Netherlands with you. These family members need a residence permit or/and an MVV as well. Before they are moving to the Netherlands, it is desirable that the correct procedure takes place. Just as with the employee, there are also different kind of conditions for the family members when it comes to an MVV, visum and/or residence permit. When the employee and his/her family members are EU citizen, other rules apply than finding below. If this is the case, please check the website of the IND.
The spouse/partner must meet the following:
- The employee is married with the person that comes along, or are registered partners. The employee in the Netherlands holds the status of a knowledge migrant or a researcher under the EU directive 2005/71/EC.
- Both are aged 18 or over.
- There is a legalized marriage certificate or certificate of non marriage, and a birth certificate(s).
- The partner who is coming to the Netherlands has long-term means of support.
Check the website of the IND for more information.
When the child wants to live with his parent(s) in the Netherlands, it has to meet the following conditions:
- The child has the permission to come to the Netherlands from the parent who is staying behind in his/her country of origin.
- The child is part of the family.
- The child is not married, and has never been married.
- The child causes no danger to the public order.
- The child will live with his/her parent(s) as soon as he/she arrives in the Netherlands.
- The child will live at the same address as his/her parent(s)
The parent (or both parents) has to dispose of enough income to take care of the child.
When the child is older than 18 years it has to meet the following conditions:
- The child has a family relationship with his/her parent(s) with whom he/she wants to stay with in the Netherlands.
- The child poses no danger to the public order.
- The child has not been separated for more than one year of his parents.
- The child will live with his/her parents as soon as he/she arrives in the Netherlands.
- The child will live at the same address as the parent(s).
- The child must get the basis integration exam (this is not the case for people from Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, South Korean an the US).
For more information, please check the website of the IND.