Contact us for renting a house

Residence Permit

A residence permit has to be requested when a person wants to stay in the Netherlands longer than three months. For permission to come to the Netherlands for longer than three months, an MVV (authorization for temporary stay) is required. With this MVV* it is possible to request for a residence permit.

Before applying for an MVV, there are a couple of general conditions that have to be completed:

An employee needs to have at least the following documents:

Very often documents have to be legalized so they are valid in the Netherlands as well. The legalization might cost a lot of time. Make sure you do this on time in country of origin. These documents have to be made up in Dutch, English, French or German. If this isn't the case, they can be translated by a translator who is accepted by the court.

Application MVV

An employee has to apply for an MVV at the Dutch embassy or the consulate in the country of origin. The employee can come to the Netherlands when the MVV is released. When the fees that have to be paid for an MVV are paid, the MVV will be placed in the passport of the employee. This MVV is valid for 6 months. Within these 6 months, the employee has to travel into the Netherlands.

Residence Permit

When the employee is staying in the Netherlands longer than three months, the employee has to apply for a residence permit within three days after arriving in the Netherlands. The employee can apply for the residence permit at the IND office in his region. When the employee has applied for a residence permit, he/she receives a sticker in his/her passport so he/she can show that he/she is in the Netherlands legally while waiting on the decision. Members of the family who'll move to the Netherlands as well, do also have to apply for a residence permit.


The fees that have to be paid for the residence permit, have to be paid by direct debit. When the declaration is signed, the employee agrees to pay the fees by direct debit. There has to be signed a debit form for every application. The fees for the application for a residence permit will be cashed when the application has been submitted by the employer.

* The following countries don't need an MVV: Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, New Zealand, Norway, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Vatican City, Czech Republic, UK, USA, South Korea, Sweden and Switzerland.